Oslo, Norway's Sassy 009 makes abstract electro-pop that edges toward house, techno, and industrial, mixing dreamy synth textures with distorted, propulsive beats. Once a trio, Sassy 009 became the solo project of founder Sunniva Lindgaard in 2019, when second EP Kill Sassy 009 was released. Further releases like 2021's Heart Ego flirted with drum'n'bass and synthwave.
- [11.05.22]Luft and Boden Studio wins Visuelt-award for 'Heart Ego'-campaign
- [22.10.21]Sassy 009 releases mixtape 'Heart Ego'
- [12.06.20]Sassy 009 teams up with Spotify for their new playlist 'Oyster'
- [22.11.19]DAZED, 'On The Rise': The rebirth of electronic artist SASSY 009
- [13.12.17]i-D Magazine: 10 things you need to know about sassy 009
- [10.10.17]Pitchfork: Sassy 009’s “Are You Leaving” Is Excellent Experimental Pop
- [17.09.17]Pitchfork: Hear SASSY 009’s Trance Love Song “Pretty Baby”