“‘Heart Ego’ is the most ambitious project I’ve done so far in my career, yet the project I have had the most trouble defining. Framing it as a mixtape was like finding home. The actual structuring and understanding of my compositions is simply a result of how I think it should feel, and not necessarily in line with a structure someone else completely understands.”, explains Sunniva Lingård aka SASSY 009 on her mixtape. Those who’ve followed the path of Oslo-based Sassy 009 and the constantly fluid, blurred edges of her hallucinogenic pop, will know that she’s an artist that follows emotion and mood, over strict narrative and composition.
- [11.05.22]Luft and Boden Studio wins Visuelt-award for 'Heart Ego'-campaign
- [22.10.21]Sassy 009 releases mixtape 'Heart Ego'
- [12.06.20]Sassy 009 teams up with Spotify for their new playlist 'Oyster'
- [22.11.19]DAZED, 'On The Rise': The rebirth of electronic artist SASSY 009
- [13.12.17]i-D Magazine: 10 things you need to know about sassy 009
- [10.10.17]Pitchfork: Sassy 009’s “Are You Leaving” Is Excellent Experimental Pop
- [17.09.17]Pitchfork: Hear SASSY 009’s Trance Love Song “Pretty Baby”